Saturday, January 28, 2017

Breakthrough Wisdom: Listen AS IF Everyone is Enlightened but You



Arlie the Wise: 
I trust myself, my friends and my life

What if You Listened as if Everyone is Enlightened but You? 

Imagine waking up every day with the intention to listen to the wisdom coming to you from the enlightened beings surrounding you. What gems would you gather from the ordinary, yet enlightened beings in your life? What breakthrough wisdom would lighten your load, raise your spirits, or move you act in ways to blast your life wide open? 

My sister-in-law, Lee and I share an imaginative and playful approach to life. We're always looking for ways to play with what we think to better ourselves--and what better way than by imagining what the animals in our lives are telling us.

Arlie the Wise is a dog-cat who graces my brother and sister-in-law's lives by agreeing to watch over them daily in a calm, yet curious manner. After I gifted Lee a bowl of affirmation hearts, she began gifting me photos of the affirmations that Arlie the Wise chose for the day. I listen intently every time--and ponder the message as if it was purposely sent to me at just the right moment--asking myself 'Why did I need this message today?'.

I trust the enlightened wisdom Arlie sends me on any given day, and see it as a measure of my openness to to accepting and acting on the wisdom of others in the present. This isn't to say I consider everything others speak is enlightened. For me wisdom is based in compassion, kindness, and doing good for others as you do good for yourself. 

Look for breakthrough wisdom from your enlightened beings to lighten your load, raise your spirits, and move you act in ways that blast your life wide open as you reach out to help others with compassion and kindness. 

For me, breakthrough wisdom you send me further motivates me to gather more wisdom from other enlightened sources, such as the Dalai Lama. Breakthrough wisdom rings true in your heart and provides a truth you can apply universally.

'Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.'
Dalai Lama

'Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.'
Dalai Lama

'Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.'
Dalai Lama


Arlie the Wise says 'STAY ON THE PATH'
Doing Good for Others with Kindness and Compassion


The Secret of Prayer for Religious and Non-Religious Alike

'Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.'  Dalai Lama

What is prayer? Prayer can be 'a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God' or it can be an earnest hope or wish. You don't have to be religious to pray.

Today my moment of enlightenment came from my friend, Gaila, who gifted me a bit of ancient Native American wisdom on 'the way to pray' as she shared her hopes for the people at Standing Rock. I share this with you as I think there is wisdom here for how to set our attitude and earnest hopes for the future.

Gaila wrote: 

I was reading again the wisdom from not only the early Hebrews' writings but also from a Native American who brought back to our attention the way to pray. Here are his words when he went to, as he said, "Pray rain" when New Mexico was in a drought.

"...our elders passed on to me the secret of prayer. The secret is that when we ask for something, we acknowledge what we do not have. Continuing to ask only gives power to what has never come to pass.

The path between man and the forces of this world begins in our hearts. It is here that our feeling world is married to our thinking world. In my prayer, I began with the feeling of gratitude for all that is and all that has come to pass. I gave thanks for the desert wind, the heat, and the drought, for that is the way of it, until now. It is not good. It is not bad. It has been our medicine.

Then I chose a new medicine. I began to have the feeling of what rain feels like. I felt the feeling of rain upon my body. Standing in the stone circle, I imagined that I was in the plaza of our village, barefoot in the rain. I felt the feeling of wet earth oozing between my naked toes. I smelled the smell of rain on the straw-and-mud walls of our village after the storms. I felt what it feels like to walk through fields of corn growing up to my chest because the rains have been so plentiful." 

The old ones remind us that this is how we choose our path in this world. We must first have the feelings of what we wish to experience. This is how we plant the seeds of a new way. From that point forward, our prayer becomes a prayer of thanks."

David was asked by Gregg, the writer of The Isaiah Effect: "Thanks? Do you mean thanks for what we have created?"


"No, not for what we may have created," David replied. "Creation is already complete. Our prayer becomes a prayer of thanks for the opportunity to choose which creation we experience. Through our thanks, we honor all possibilities and bring the ones we choose into this world."

Arlie the Wise
I expect my life to be good and joyous

"Our prayer becomes a prayer of thanks for the opportunity 
to choose which creation we experience. Through our thanks, 
we honor all possibilities and bring the ones we choose into this world."

Breakthrough Wisdom from the Dalai Lama

💜 My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

💜 The purpose of our lives is to be happy.

💜 Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.

💜 In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.

💜 If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.

💜 If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. 

💜 When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others.

💜 Too much self-centered attitude, you see, brings, you see, isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger. The extreme self-centered attitude is the source of suffering.

💜 In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

💜 Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.

💜 We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.



Sign Up for Free E-mail updates

For more than 35 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes letting go and moving forward with life easier than ever before.

Do you know someone who could benefit from uplifting messages? Please share Lightarted Living with them. If you or someone you love is interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, join the FREE Lightarted Living mailing list. 


No comments: