Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Owl's Well~Everything's Secretly Okay


Owl's Well

The story of the trail owl began many moons ago, long before the time of corona, when some playful soul decided to place a three-inch crafted owl and a companion hedgehog in tree burls along the dog walking trail. What a delightful surprise it was to have these marvelous hidden treasures suddenly appear.

💓Owl's Well 💓Everything's Secretly Okay💓

For years I've studied the tree burls protruding from beneath the trees, imaging what fabulous fairy dens they'd make. I'd identify the places the fairies would gather and where they'd dance and frolic. The placement chosen for the owl and hedgehog were perfect by fairy standards. 

💓My Future is Bright💓Joyous💓Secure💓

Each day after discovering them, my friends and I would look for the creatures hoping to find their hidden nests once again. We'd stop and look in on them to leave little offerings of berries, moss and twigs--always checking to see if anyone else had peeked in and enhanced the owl or hedgehog's surroundings.  

💓Turn Your Face Towards the Sun and the Shadows Fall Behind You💓

Soon we had connections with other fun-loving and curious trail walkers through the owl and hedgehog--especially those with children. The sharing of the hidden critters only enhanced the friendly atmosphere on our community promenade. Smiles and giggles were plentiful. 

💓Play 💓Be Joyful💓 Love💓




Owl Be there to Comfort You


Little owl perched out there,
We thank whoever put you there.
Thanks for the smiles.


Owl be there to comfort you,
You just call out my name,
Owl come running.




Owl's Eye View

I sit on the trail 
Nestled in my tree perch
Waiting to delight passersby 

You peek into my hideout
to discern if anything has changed.
You smile knowing ALL IS WELL.




Original Photo of Trail Owl


Happy Trails to You

Alas, the owl and the hedgehog disappeared from the trail recently. But other trail dwellers wanting to keep the goodwill alive begun adding other hidden treasures in the fairy dwellings-- carved wooden birds hanging in a spruce tree, clay red hearts nestled in tree stumps, painted rocks, and newly created little beings in nooks and crannies.

With the disappearance of the owl and hedgehog, I, too, am compelled to contribute goodwill to the happy trail using 'found objects' in my home. I miss the happy little critters.

It took me a while to get started, but I have an array of art supplies just waiting to be put together--scraps of paper, tin can lids, affirmation hearts--all piled up waiting for their assignments. These not-so-hidden treasures have been languishing for years waiting for a job. Their time has come.

It took me a day to construct these tin can lid affirmation heart medallions. As soon as I am ready to let them go, they're heading to the trail where trail walkers are free to enjoy them where they lay, or to take them home. 

If you're a trail walker, take your pick. If you aren't a trail walker, and you see an affirmation heart you like, contact me and I'll send you your own.




I am Glad to be Alive, To be Healthy, and To Have Friends




Everything is Secretly Okay! All is Well in my World




It is a Joy and Delight to Plant New Seeds 




Imagine Tranquility 




 The Light of the Universe Enfolds and Protects Me




I have Value and Wealth Inside Me




My Good Comes from Everywhere and Everyone 
All Is Well in my World




I am at Peace with Myself



💓Know Everything's Secretly Okay💓
💓Your Future is Bright, Joyous and Secure💓

💓Keep Looking Towards the Sun💓
💓Look for the Hidden Treasures all around and Within You💓


Sign Up for Free E-mail updates 

For more than 35 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes letting go and moving forward with life easier than ever before.

Do you know someone who could benefit from uplifting messages? Please share Lightarted Living with them. If you or someone you love is interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, join the FREE Lightarted Living mailing list.

4 comments:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Sue, I a project like that would never have occurred to me. It takes a true artist to make art from tin can lids! And what you do with a photo amazes me every time. What an eye!

Susan J Meyerott, M.S. said...

Well, Jean, I always say 'I ART what I Eat!'

Norma Wright said...

Oh, yes, my friend, Sue, always creative and always thoughtful. So happy you're in my life!

Susan J Meyerott, M.S. said...

Normie, I am so glad to have you as a friend!