Sunday, August 7, 2022

Lightarted Living: My Mother Speaks to Me in the Morning

Lightarted Living: My Mother Speaks to Me in the Morning:  

When my sister-in-law, Lee, sent me a series of rose photos I was intrigued by the name: "My Mother in the Morning". What was the origin of the name, I asked her.

"I call the roses Mommy", she said. "I planted them on top of her ashes. It IS her! All summer she offers her sublime scents and her beauty. I always compliment her--'Oh Mommy! You smell simply wonderful today or Oh, Mommy! You look fabulous today. The photos were taken in the morning when I talk with her."

I loved that! I want my children to plant flowers over my ashes so they can visit me and talk to me daily after I move on too. I have a Gardenia I planted in my backyard in honor of my mother. It was her favorite scent and it blooms in time for her birthday in July.

What a joyful experience it is to sit with a cup of coffee or tea beside our blooming mothers to talk and listen to them long after they've gone to the other side. So much wisdom and loving support is still to be gleaned if we just sit quietly and listen with an open heart to the messages from the other side. Just ask your Mommy a question, and listen for the answer.


No comments: