Saturday, June 5, 2021

If I had Words to Make a Day for You

 


"If I had words to make a day for you,
I'd sing you a morning golden and new.
I would make this day last for all time;
Give you a night deep in moonshine."

Scott Fitzgerald and Yvonne Keeley
Song from 'Babe, the Pig'


Lately this song from the movie 'Babe' has popped into my head over and over again as I look for the underlying secret messages in the art and objects around me. 

I feel such tenderness towards so many of you at the moment, and it spills out of my heart onto the art pages. The healing beings have been singing Babe's song to me of late, and I'm compelled to offer their song alongside them so they can sing it to you.

Life is full of both joyful and difficult events calling us to send tender thoughts to surround others in love as they move forward with life. That's what this song is to me.

Who do I send this song to today? 

đŸ’“Those getting married, and those getting out of prison;
đŸ’“Those having babies and those who've lost a loved one. 
đŸ’“Those in treatment for major illnesses and those recovering from years-long healing of abuse, injury or hardship.
đŸ’“Those of you recovering and resting after a year of turmoil.


If I could, I would sit alongside you and sing this song to you to calm your nerves and quiet your fears. 

Today I wish you a morning golden and new, and a night deep in moonshine. 



From Rags to Riches

The underlying photo of the healing spirits is from 
an art studio rag used by Lee Bryant to wipe paint from her brushes.

Lee sees the marvelous in everything--rags, dirt, jar lids, rocks, snow,  
food leftovers, and many other ordinary items waiting to be discovered. 
I am the lucky recipient of her gift of seeing as she photographs 
these great finds then delights me with her objects of love.
I feel love and tenderness in her offerings to me, 
and I hope you feel the love and tenderness in our offerings to you.

1 comment:

Madeline Strawberry said...

Feeling it...your poetry and whimsical visions, and your friends 'extra' ordinary photo canvases. It's really heart warming