Sunday, January 10, 2021

Love One Another~What the World needs now is Love

 


Love One Another

Now more than ever 
what the world needs now
is love, sweet love.

Love Makes the World Go Round

"Love makes the world go round,
Love makes the world go round.
Somebody soon will love you,
If no one loves you now.

High in some silent sky,
Love spins a silver song, 
Making the world turn softly,
Love makes the world go round."

Carnival, the musical


Original Photo of "Christmas Cabbage" by Lee Bryant

Can you see the love around you? I look for love everywhere
and that's what pops out at me when I look into photos to see what I see. 

As I played with this cabbage, I started to sing the song, 
"Love makes the world go round" and all of the hearts emerged.

Love is all around you, spinning a silver song. 
Listen and look for it everywhere. 

When you wake in the morning, reset your heart 
and vision to absorb the love that is always present.

Reach beyond the ugliness of this moment to become part 
of the collective consciousness of love and goodwill toward
your fellow humans. Reach out to others with compassion, 
and be ready to receive abundant love and kindness in return.

Help reset the world around you to reflect a kinder, more loving
world. Love one another. What the world needs now is love, sweet love.




2 comments:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

So beautiful! I don't know how you do it. This made me think of the Jackie De Shannon song, What the World Needs Now is Love. My dad came into the room one day when I was watching her on television when I was a little girl and he, who never usually noticed such things, said "Now that's a good song, and she sings it very well." And I know he'd love what you did with a cabbage of all things!

Susan J Meyerott, M.S. said...

Jean, it's amazing how so many sweet memories of our fathers emerge from our art. We share that. It's comforting to know when you look into the world around you that you see the love embracing you. How fortunate we are to have such fond memories of loving experiences to draw on.