Sunday, June 2, 2019

Ralph W. Emerson on How to Succeed~Laugh Often and Love Much


"To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation;
To give of one's self;
To find the best in others~
This is to have succeeded."

Ralph Waldo Emerson


"To laugh often and love much;
To leave the world a better place;
To know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived~
This is to have succeeded."

Ralph Waldo Emerson



To Leave the World a Better Place

These delicious Emerson quotes and accompanying images
were inspired by Delightful Repast's 
food photo for Ground Beef Chili with Beans. 

I've been following Jean on Delightful Repast for 8 years 
as she shares wholesome recipes to delight my palate and
heart-warming stories that add sweetness, 
spice and a bit of nostalgia to the recipes.

As I was on my way to saving her Ground Beef Chili with Beans 
recipe so I could give it a try, I was struck by what a simple--
yet beautiful--presentation Jean made of the Chili, 
and I quickly got sidetracked copying her photo and playing with it. 

Although I've never met Jean face to face, over the years we've  
struck up an on-line relationship and I know a few things about her-- 
especially her love of Ralph Waldo Emerson--so I knew the Emerson
quotes would provide just the right finishing touches to the
pictures I cooked up from Jean's Chili photo.


I choose the Emerson quotes I felt Jean embodied to adorn the art.
Sometimes you just know a person--even if you've never met them.

If you are interested in recipes that use organic, nonGMO, 
grass-fed and free-range cooking ingredients, check out 


 What is the origin of the name 'Delightful Repast'?

Says Jean, "My husband is very polite and humorous, often simultaneously, and has said to me after nearly every dinner I've ever made for him, "Thank you for the delightful repast." How could I name my food blog anything else!"



Sign Up for Free E-mail updates

                          
For more than 35 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes letting go and moving forward with life easier than ever before.
                                                            
Do you know someone who could benefit from uplifting messages? Please share Lightarted Living with them. If you or someone you love is interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, join the FREE Lightarted Living mailing list.      

4 comments:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Sue, OMGoodness! This was the last thing I expected when I visited today! Do I mind? Not at all. I find it intriguing that you can make art out of my simple photo--I'd like to get inside your eyes for a day and see what everything looks like through them. I've just begun delving into watercolors, and it is definitely helping me see things in a new way. Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm overwhelmed.

Susan J Meyerott, M.S. said...

Jean, you are the one with an eye for composition! You make every dish look as good as it tastes! I'm just surprised I waited so long to play with one of your stunning food pictures. Watercolors are very fun to play with. Wishing you the best in enjoying the process! Playing with art opens the world.

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

I had complimented Jean on her photo and see mentioned what you had done with it. So happy to have stopped by for a visit and discover your blog...very nice.

Susan J Meyerott, M.S. said...

Thanks, Karen! Jean does such a fabulous job on her food art! I'm surprised it took me so long to play with it!

Thanks for stopping by the blog! Hope you come back. Cheers, Lightarted Sue