Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes



Wish Granted!

Hope, Dreams and Wishes

When I was a kid, I loved Sunday nights. Surrounded by my family in the den (TV room), I'd sit at the bottom of the stairs leading up to my bedroom listening to the Walt Disney theme song start and end the family program. 

Whether hearing "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are" or "A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep", the lyrics gently wafted into my brain and made me feel safe.

It was a cozy and calm family moment each week when I felt all things were possible, and no matter how dire the problem, there were no problems that couldn't be solved. 

Some of my best childhood memories and beliefs were facilitated by watching Walt Disney Sunday programs and animated films, and having my mother read me fairy tales and other such stories over and over again.

My continuous exposure to these uplifting songs and hopeful messages laid a lyrical sound track in my head that helped me create a hopeful and optimistic way of seeing the world. Sharing a home with loving parents and scrappy, but loving, siblings made the hopeful messages ring true.

I learned bad things can happen to people but they can still have happy endings. Or people can make mistakes but they can recover and still be loved.

Lately I've been thinking about the difficulties people around me have experienced. Bad things have happened to some; and others have made mistakes. 

Perhaps you are one. 

If you or someone you know needs a moment to return to a place of simplicity, innocence and hope, take a moment to reconnect to these childhood songs and nursery rhymes. 

Don't glaze over the words. Stop to truly absorb the meaning of these messages of hope.

Never Stop Believing

Hope Springs Eternal


When You Wish Upon a Star

by Leigh Harline and Ned Washington

"When you wish upon a star,
makes no difference who you are.
When you wish upon a star,
your dreams come true."



"If your heart is in your dreams
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do."




"Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true."




"When a star is born
They possess a gift or two.
One of them is this~
They have the power to make a wish come true."



May You Have Wishful Thinking!


I Wish I May, I Wish I Might

Star Light,
Star Bright,
First Star I see tonight, 
I wish I may,
I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight!

Nursery Rhyme


A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

By Mack David

"A dream is a wish your heart makes
when you're fast asleep."




"In dreams you will lose your heartaches
whatever you wish for, you keep.

Have faith in your dreams and someday
your rainbow will come smiling through."




"No matter how your heart is grieving,

if you keep on believing,
the dream that you wish will come true."


May You Always Be a Dreamer



Once Upon a Dream (from Sleeping Beauty)

By Lana Del Rey

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream

I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream."




In your moments of difficulty take these songs to heart:  Hold on to your dreams and wishes~and know no matter who you are and what you're going through you always have hope, strength, and courage for the future.

Believe in Happy Endings


Sign Up for Free E-mail updates
                          
For more than 35 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes letting go and moving forward with life easier than ever before.

Do you know someone who could benefit from uplifting messages? Please share Lightarted Living with them. If you or someone you love is interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, join the FREE Lightarted Living mailing list. 

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I live for all the happy endings and silver linings in life....I can always find them and point them out to others. Anyone can...one must simply believe and open our hearts and eyes. 💕

Susan J Meyerott, M.S. said...

And there are many happy endings in our lives, Marilyn. Even during the toughest of times we must 'simply believe and open our hearts and eyes' to see them! Wishing you a calm, believing and open heart in the aftermath of your Mum's scary health upset! Hugs.

Marilyn said...

Thank you, my dear friend. 💕