Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Honey, I'm Home! Welcoming Good Things Back into Your Life

 


Happy Endings!

Don't you love happy endings? 

I do--especially when I'm on the receiving end. 


Dreams are like Dogs--
They come when they're called

What Are You Grieving?

Where in your life have you been grieving? 

💓Have you lost a loved one, job, or relationship? 
💙Has your ego been bruised? 
💚Are you recovering from an illness, fire, hurricane, flood or earthquake? 

What dreams have you lost? What are you doing to show up in life and get back what you've lost?

It isn't always easy to cope or move on when you're grieving or hurting over what you've lost. But life demands we find a way to step back in, and get busy living, loving and contributing--no matter how large or small our losses.

"Toss your dashed hopes not into a trash bin but into a drawer where you are likely to rummage some bright morning." 
Robert Brault

Leave the Door Open Just a Crack

Dream~Always Leave an Opening for a Ray of Hope to Shine Through

The loss of my almost 14-year old dog, Arrow, in 2017 was small compared to what so many others had endured that year. But like anyone dealing with the loss of something they love, I found myself lying low while 'licking my wounds under the porch'. 

Although I was willing to entertain the thought of a new dog coming into my life, I really wasn't planning on getting another one for a year after losing my furry shadow. 

But you know what happens while you're laying plans...LIFE happens anyway.


And Along Came Hannah 

After Arrow died, I showed up at the Shelter weekly to look at the available dogs. This was my way of showing up to tell the Universe I was open but not necessarily ready for a new dog coming into my life. 

I saw lots of very nice dogs, but none pulled on my heartstrings to bring them home. Then a friend volunteering at the Shelter told me I should check out Hannah. I visited the next day. She was lovely. And already adopted.

Although Hannah had already been adopted by someone else when I met her, somehow she still came to me with perfect timing. When I saw her I told her she was just what I was looking for in a dog, but I was glad she found a good home. I told her if it didn't work for her in her new home she should come back to me.

I told my friends at the Shelter gentle Hannah was just the type of dog I was looking for. And wouldn't you know--a week later, I got the call--Hannah was returned and available for me to bring home.

Sometimes it may feel as if we'll never get past the grief, hurt or loss. But when we leave a small opening for a ray of hope to enter our hearts--and we keep showing up--we recover and thrive once again

And if we imagine what we want, our dreams have a way of coming true with perfect timing. 


Nothing But Blue Skies Do I See

Dreams are like dogs--they come when they're called.
Sit. Stay Open.
💓You don't have to be ready to take on a new life, new love, new job or new dog for good things to find their way back into your life. 
💙You don't have to be done grieving the loss of what or who has passed out of your life for good things to find their way back into your life
💛You just need good friends looking out for you--and a heart that is open to good things showing up. 
💓 
Then leave the door to your life open just a crack 
for good things to come your way and stay.


Dreams Are Like Dogs~
They'll Follow You Home

Set Positive Expectations for your Future

We are always listening and looking for something to follow us home. What is it for you?

💓What are you always listening and looking for? 
💙What dreams or visions for your future do you have your heart set on? 
💛What do you want to invite into your home and life?

Death, loss, and change are the more difficult, yet ordinary, parts of life we must contend with. 

We must accept these realities of life, yet keep our eyes focused on a positive future--imagining those things we want to attract into our lives that makes life worth living--then keep showing up until our dreams become reality.



Bring Your Dreams Home

💙What's your happy ending? 

💛What do you want to welcome home? 

💙When you call them, they'll come. 

Let the Universe know you are open and waiting--then wait for ordinary everyday magic to happen. Let the Happy Endings begin...










No comments: