Thursday, November 9, 2023

Lightarted Living: Out of the Blue I think of You

Lightarted Living: Out of the Blue I think of You:   

Out of the Blue I think of You

 


Out of the Blue

Out of the blue
fond memories of you
appear
and all the good times 
come flooding back.



Remember the times
we laughed so hard 
too early in the morning
the chef always came out to
see what was going on?



I still get tears in my eyes
thinking of that.



Remember trips 
too numerous to count
to El Cholo 
on Western Ave
where the wait was so long
and the margaritas so good
it didn't matter what we
ordered for dinner?




And what about that time
in Jackson Hole
we relentlessly listened to 
'Sunshine on my Shoulders',
ate at the Mangy Moose,
and cross-country skied
in hip-deep snow?




Or the time you tried to
set me up with one of
Chris's graduate students
on a trip to Mammoth
when I made that 'salt' pie 
that looked so good
but tasted so bad 
and everyone 
tried to pretend 
it tasted good
until they all burst out 
gagging and laughing?




Yes, out of the blue
I think of you 
and what a wonderful time
we've had.

All my fondest memories
are bundled up 
in feelings of joy
that have lasted me a lifetime.

So out of the blue
I send to you
my deepest love
and thanks
for a lifetime of
laughter and friendship.

Please accept
my deepest admiration
for the gift that you are
to me.
You've made my life 
and memories
so much more fun
than I thought it ever could be.

1 comment:

Christine Veloon said...

Love this poetry to stimulate the memories