Friday, May 17, 2019

A Bit of Silliness~Richard Brautigan and Me


Salad Haiku

"A piece of lettuce
fell
out of the salad bowl:
so what?"

Richard Brautigan 
(as remembered by me)


Brain Salad

Okay, okay...so the poem is not just right,
 but I think Brautigan would forgive me. 

It's been 50 years 
since I read and laughed out loud 
at the silliness of his poem. 


Waiting to Fall out with a Smile

I've had this Haiku 
tucked inside my brain for 50 years
waiting to fall out
and make me smile.


Memory Salad Shaken Loose

When I studied the photo of 
a piece of lettuce stuck to the side 
of the salad spinner 
sent by Lee
it shook loose the memory--
a bit wonky but still smile worthy.



Haiku Ambulance
(the real Haiku)

"A piece of green pepper
fell
off the wooden salad bowl:
so what?"

Richard Brautigan


A Piece of Memory Fell

"A piece of memory
fell
out of my brain
it was not quite right:
so what?"

Susan J Meyerott
with apologies to Richard Brautigan
and no apologies to you!



Wishing you a bit of silliness
to fall out of your own memory
to brighten your day!

Sign Up for Free E-mail updates

                          
For more than 35 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes letting go and moving forward with life easier than ever before.
                                                            
Do you know someone who could benefit from uplifting messages? Please share Lightarted Living with them. If you or someone you love is interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, join the FREE Lightarted Living mailing list.

No comments: