Sunday, July 1, 2018

Saying Goodbye to a Good Dog

Goodbye Cherelle

"Good night my someone,
Good night my love.
Sleep tight my someone,
Sleep tight my love.
I wish I may and I wish I might,
so good night my someone good night."

The Music Man


My head is full of musicals coloring my experience of life. Somehow there's a song for every situation in life living inside my head. 

This morning I woke up singing 'Good Night My Someone' after spending the day yesterday with my dear friend, Debra, talking about 'Cherelle the sweet', who just passed--remembering what a good dog she was.

It is such a deep sorrow to lose a dog. They are with us far too short a time yet enrich our lives to a depth untouched by fellow humans. 

Dogs have the uncanny ability to silently reach around the barriers we build around our hearts and put us in touch with our feelings. So it is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our intimate companions and wish them a soft landing in the next life.

So good night my someone good night.

Sign Up for Free E-mail updates
                          
For more than 35 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes letting go and moving forward with life easier than ever before.


Do you know someone who could benefit from uplifting messages? Please share Lightarted Living with them. If you or someone you love is interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, join the FREE Lightarted Living mailing list. 



No comments: