'A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials.' Chinese ProverbHow are you today?
- 'All stressed out and no one to choke?'
- Someone at work making it difficult for you to do good work and accomplish your goals?
- Sending job applications into faceless on-line computer sites and getting round after round of rejection?
Put Adversity to Work for You
Golden Opportunities are everywhere-- especially in adversity and tough times.
Somehow it seems there's always that one person at work or in our life that irritates and annoys us. And now, for job seekers, there isn't even that person to make life miserable---just a matrix computer program that weeds you out before a real person can even look at your resume. Sometimes we feel trapped in a situation with no way out.
React and Your Irritant Controls You
Too often we react to unpleasant situations by 'actively avoiding what we don't want'.
- I don't want to work with her so I'm quitting my job (that I love).
- I don't want to be rejected by a computer so I'm done applying for jobs on-line.
- I don't want to be bullied by him, so I'm just shutting up and keeping my thoughts to myself.
Be the Clam That Produces the Pearl
Why give another person or an irritant the power to control and shape your life? Reframe the situation and take charge. Become the clam that produces the pearl, and turn that irritant into the sand that helps you create your pearl.
Let your irritant, or sand, be what stops and signals you it's time to consciously and deliberately articulate what you want to achieve and how you want to achieve your Pearl.
When thoughts of your irritant permeate your day, pause, and redirect your attention to what you want. Consider how you want to work through the sand, instead of getting stuck in it-- and what you're going to do keep the focus on your internally motivated work or dreams.
Life is Full of Opportunities
Golden opportunities are everywhere for you. No one can trap you or hold you back--only you. Learn to act, not react, to unpleasant situations by choosing to actively move toward what you do want; stop actively avoiding what you don't.
Stop, look and listen for the golden opportunities in your most troubling situations and relationships as well as in your everyday life.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Who or what is your current irritant?
- How are you letting your irritant get in your way?
- Are you in charge of your daily actions or are you letting your irritant dictate your actions or inactions?
- What is it you dream about achieving that you're letting your irritant stop you from doing?
- If you were to name one golden opportunity available to you in your current situation, what would it be?
- If you had all the time in the world and all the money in the world, what would you do with the rest of your life if you knew you couldn't fail?
'Make peace with your today to improve your future... It may sound odd, but the fastest way to get to a new-and-improved situation is to make peace with your current situation. If you rail against the injustices of your current situation, you hold yourself in alignment with what you do not want, and you cannot then move in the direction of improvement. It defies Law. In every particle of the Universe, there is that which is wanted - and the lack of it.' Abraham
Sign Up for Free E-mail updates
If you're interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, join the Lightarted Living mailing list. Connect with Susan on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Would you like to Host a Lightarted Event?
For more than 25 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes changing easier than ever before. Contact Susan to schedule life change coaching, weekend retreats, or engaging Lightarted experiences to share with friends.