By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try the world is beyond the winning. Lao Tzu
Let it all Go
Is insomnia--or the inability to get and stay asleep--disrupting your ability to stay focused and productive at work? Are you having difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or both? Give this sweet dreams bedtime routine a try.
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder affecting workers juggling tight deadlines and stressing over job security. In this chicken and egg situation, work stress and worry can prevent you from getting enough quality sleep, and poor quality sleep can prevent you from being focused and productive at work.
A Poor Night Sleep
· Makes you drowsy and ineffective at work
· Affects your memory and ability to learn
· Makes it difficult to think clearly
A Good Night Sleep
· Gives you a better outlook on the day
· Refreshes you
· Keeps you alert and engaged
Sweet Dreams Bedtime Routine
If work worries and pressures are disrupting your ability to wind down and gain restful sleep use this sweet dreams bedtime routine to ease you out of high drive.
· Turn off computer. The physical act of shutting down your computer signals your mind to shut off too.
· Turn down lights. Your body takes cues from the environment. Dimming lights signals your body it's time to wind down.
· Take warm bath or shower. The warmth of the water relaxes your muscles.
· Turn on soothing music. Lie down in bed with your eyes closed listening to the music. Focus on your breathing--breathe slowly and deeply for 15 minutes—inhale for four counts, and exhale for eight—timing your breaths to the music. Sleep.
'To sleep, perchance to dream.' Shakespeare
Sign Up for Free E-mail updates
Connect with Susan on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Would you like to Host a Lightarted Event?
For more than 25 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes changing easier than ever before. Contact Susan to schedule life change coaching, weekend retreats, or engaging Lightarted experiences to share with friends.