Saturday, March 12, 2011

I will not refuse to do the something I can do


You can text REDCROSS to 90999
and donate $10 to Japan's earthquake/tsunami relief

"I am only one,
but still I am one.
I can not do everything,
but still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
Helen Keller

I was so proud of my son, Sean, when I opened Facebook to see his post:

'You can text REDCROSS to 90999 and donate $10 to Japan's earthquake/tsunami relief.'

Although he is only one, he stepped in and did the something he could do.

Be the Someone to Help

Too often we read about of these disasters, shake our heads in disbelief and hope someone is going to do something.

We are the someone. There is something empowering and satisfying when we reach out and do the something we can do ~ no matter how small.  This is especially true if we don't have a lot ourselves.

Ten Dollars Multiplied by Millions Adds Up

Ten dollars multiplied by millions adds up to a lot. Ten people pooling a dollar each multiplied by millions adds up to a lot. Asking ten people to share this message on their facebook page multiplied by millions adds up to a lot.

We all have our private bout of life we're dealing with---illness, layoffs, loss of home and loneliness.  But If we do nothing when witnessing such devastation, we're left with an undercurrent of helplessness and fear for dealing with our own lives.

Let Your Feel-Good Hormones Spike in Your Body. Do Something to Help.

When we rise above our own situation to help others we tap into our humanity, thus experiencing our own strength and ability to act in the world to make a difference. It lifts us up and lets us know we belong.

Reaching out to others in need is deeply fulfilling ~ and heals our soul.  Let those feel-good hormones spike in your body with an act of goodwill. Do something NOW.


'You can text REDCROSS to 90999
and donate $10 to Japan's earthquake/tsunami relief.'

No comments: