Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Everything is (Secretly) Okay!


At Last! The Secret Decoded

 "Worrying does not empty today of its troubles, it empties tomorrow of its strength."
Mary Englebreit

The Secret Decoded

Do you ever wake up with doubts, anxiety or insecurities? I do.

It's those little whispers in my brain causing my heart to race and my stomach to flutter until I pause to identify 'what's up'.

Over the years I've learned the secret to  befriending these physical messages. I've developed a more positive interpretation of the role my brain plays in producing the unsettling messages, and this helps me transition faster from reacting fearfully to taking calm, conscious action.

So what's the secret? It's simple. I know my brain cares about me.

A Womb With a View 

Because my brain cares,  I think of it as my Womb with a View ~a warm, caring place from which I can safely look out into the world around me and begin living each day.

Hello, Womb Service?

My Womb with a View comes with Womb Service. The little whispers causing those anxious feelings are just friendly, pre-scheduled wake up calls.

Although the messages from within are initially unnerving, they become my call to action.  I now embrace the friendly service call to 'WAKE UP!'  and make a conscious choice to do something, or to do nothing ~ and let it be.

By converting my anxiety into Womb Service, I have reframed those morning whispers from 'start-your-day-anxious and in avoidance'  to 'start-your-day-calm-and-conscious'.

Everything Is (Secretly) Okay!

My lifelong friend, Karen, is a very successful CEO Coach who has lived life fully engaged. She is amazing. She is also a worrier and full of self-doubt.

During our last visit together, Karen's husband, Bill, shared an affirmation he began whispering into Karen's ear, "Karen, Everything is (Secretly) OKAY!"  It made me laugh!

I couldn't believe what a perfect message this was---not only for Karen, but for all of us. It made Karen laugh and let go ~ and it spoke a to a deep truth about the foundation of worries, self-doubt and anxiety in us all.

Learn What You Do Want from What You Don't

Our worries, anxieties and fears are always about things we don't want to happen.  If you can identify what you don't want (to happen), you can turn it around to identify what you DO want and work to make it happen.

When that secret worry begins to tie your stomach in knots, let it wake you up to what's bothering you and name what you fear. Begin by affirming 'everything is (secretly) okay!', then ask these questions:

What  is it about the message behind my womb service I fear?
What do I fear will happen that I don't want to happen?
*  What do I want  (to happen)?


"Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want."Abraham


Hello, Womb Service?

 Wake up to the possibilities. Wake up to new beginnings.

You have one new Message:
Everything is (Secretly) Okay!

Become a Follower
If you like the Lightarted Living blog, become a Follower by clicking  Follow at the top of the page.

How Do I Leave Comments or Share the Blog?

Comments ~ At the end of the post you'll see 'posted by Lightarted Sue'. Click the word 'comments' to the right, to open the comments box. After you enter your comments, click 'post comments'. You will be given letters to type in to confirm you are a person, not spam.  
Want to Share the Blog?   If you run your cursor over the M, B, F, T to the right of comments you'll discover these link you to ways to share the blog with others through your own e-mail, Blog, Facebook or Twitter accounts. Why not try it now?


Please freely share this blog with anyone you think could benefit from more lightarted messages and affirmations in their lives.

No comments: