Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Einstein's Three Rules of Work: Find Simplicity, Harmony and Opportunity



'Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; from discord find harmony; in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' 
Albert Einstein


You knew Albert Einstein was brilliant, but who knew simplicity, harmony and opportunity were at the core of his work values?


Einstein's three rules of work really speaks to me. I like to think I have characteristics in common with him, but the common ground I share with him is a scientific mind that tends to create a bit of  chaos and clutter in my living and work environment.

To me, Einstein's three rules of work fit with Lao Tzu's quote, 'To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.'



💙 When we sit quiet, out of clutter, simplicity emerges.

💚 When we sit quiet in the midst of discord, harmony emerges.

💜 When we sit quiet in the middle of difficulty, opportunity emerges.

Einstein might have named these the three rules to make life work. When we stay in chaos and crisis mode we are unable to find the simplicity, harmony and opportunity present in every situation. But take a breather or walk to calm the mind, and the whole universe surrenders to us.


Where Can you Apply This to your Life?


💙 What have you been hyped up about?

💚 Where in your life could you benefit from taking a breather to calm your mind?

💜 Where in your life would you like to find simplicity,harmony and opportunity?
Do it now



'To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.'  
Lao Tzu


Sign Up for Free E-mail updates


If you're interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be,sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.

2 comments:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Sue, I love the way you've combined Einstein and Lao Tzu and given me three words to post on my refrigerator. Perhaps it will help me in my constant quest to declutter my desk! This is one of my favorite posts on Lightarted Living.

Susan J Meyerott, M.S. said...

Jean,
I simply cannot picture you with a cluttered desk. Me--Yes; You--No. I like the simplicity of this post--and combining Lao Tzu with Einstein really resonates with me. I took a walk after posting this in the cool early morning on the shaded path above my town. The truth of finding simplicity, harmony and opportunity through sitting in quietness (okay--walking) became clear to me. Loved it.