'Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; from discord find harmony; in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Albert Einstein
You knew Albert Einstein was brilliant, but who knew simplicity, harmony and opportunity were at the core of his work values?
To me, Einstein's three rules of work fit with Lao Tzu's quote, 'To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.'
- When we sit quiet, out of clutter, simplicity emerges.
- When we sit quiet in the midst of discord, harmony emerges.
- When we sit quiet in the middle of difficulty, opportunity emerges.
Einstein might have named these the three rules to make life work. When we stay in chaos and crisis mode we are unable to find the simplicity, harmony and opportunity present in every situation. But take a breather or walk to calm the mind, and the whole universe surrenders to us.
Where Can you Apply This to your Life?
- What have you been hyped up about?
- Where in your life could you benefit from taking a breather to calm your mind?
- Where in your life would you like to find simplicity,harmony and opportunity? Do it now.
"To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." Lao Tzu
Sign Up for Free E-mail updates
If you're interested in learning more about closing the gap between where you are now and where you want to be, join the Lightarted Living mailing list. Connect with Susan on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Would you like to Host a Lightarted Event?
For more than 25 years, Susan Meyerott has been helping people lighten up and step over invisible barriers to change one step at a time. She speaks to your heart, puts you at ease, and makes changing easier than ever before. Contact Susan to schedule life change coaching, weekend retreats, or engaging Lightarted experiences to share with friends.